Monday, September 19, 2011

The Tree Tower

I woke. In front of me was an arch of oak trees which curved around in a circle above me - the start off a bridge has formed. Starring down at me is the gruesome Captain Cut Throat. “Good morning Charlie!” she hissed.
I got up. In front of me was a mighty digger that looked as if it was going to sink in the gooey mud. To my horror, tied to a mound of rock were my mum and Jakeman!
“Let them go!” I cried. “I’ll, I’ll do anything!” All of a sudden the digger moved forward. I realized who was driving it! “NO!” I whaled. Craik yes it was Craik.
“Hello boy!” He said grinning. Suddenly shrill laughter burst out of Captain Cut Throat’s mouth and to my surprise she melted. There in replace of Captain Cut Throat was a weird creature, its skin was a brownish greyish colour, and its eyes were thin and shadowy as a black pencil. The creature was as big as a six year old child whose giggles sounded hollow like an air vent. A shiver ran down my spine as I noticed its insane grin. Oh help.....!

By Emily Hewitt a.k.a Charlie Small

No comments:

Post a Comment